Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gary David Watson

March 19, 1969 to May 29, 2006



Not just today, but always, I remember and honor my first husband, Gary.  He went home with the Lord 4 years ago today.

There are so many things I miss about him.  I miss his smile, his laugh and the sound of his keys jingling from his belt loop as he walked down the hallway.  I came to love that sound, especially in the middle of the day when he popped in unexpectedly just to say Hi and give me and the girls a kiss.

Today we went to Olivia's, our favorite Mexican restaurant.  Of course I ordered Gary's Special.  (Gary and I ate there so often that in his honor they added "Gary's Special" to their menu...chicken and cheese flautas with beans and rice, just the way he ordered it - they didn't make it for anyone but him.)

Later on I took the girls to get balloons.  I always let them choose their own.  We all sat down and wrote our messages to Gary on our balloons.  We then went outside and said our little prayers and one at a time, we let them go.  The girls used to ask how he got them so I told them an angel comes down and takes them the rest of the way to Heaven and gives them to him.  For me, the actual writing is very theraputic and emotional.  It's almost like I'm talking to him.  I take pictures of the girls' messages and drawings each time.  I want to save these memories for myself and for them.  Wayne always has his own balloon as well.  I never ask to read his messages, I think it's important for him to say what he wants to Gary and just keep it between them.  But I am certain it helps Wayne as much as it does me.

I miss my Gary and I know I always will.  There will always be a part of my heart that belongs to him.  God's word promises we will see each other again one day and I bet I will hear that familiar jingling again.

Missy

3 comments:

  1. Missy-beautiful. Just beautiful.
    Gary was such a nice man; everyone at the store has nothing but good things to share about their memories of him.
    I know he would be comforted in the knowledge that you now have Wayne (also a truly wonderful guy!), and that your girls, and your family are doing well.
    Thinking of you on this day.
    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mis,
    Their are no words to describe how deep you touch my heart with your words.
    So I will just say this -
    I am honored and so very blessed to be your friend.
    May our Lord continue to use you - bless you - and mold you, into the
    beautiful godly woman that you are....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Margaret and Carol for your lovely comments and prayers. They truly blessed and touched my heart. Yes, the Lord has blessed me far beyond what I could have imagined before and after losing Gary. I agree that he would be so blessed also knowing what God has done in my life since.

    Thank you again for your kind words.

    Blessings to Both of You,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete