Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My first blog entry, finally!

I'm new to this blogging thing but here goes....I will start off with an admission of how badly I have neglected my space at the downtown antique mall, Mission Galleria but....I'm ready to turn that around. My dear friend Arlene was kind enough to invite me to share her very large window space about 3 years ago. I was so excited and really looked forward to the new adventure so I quickly moved out of my tiny space and into hers. However, very shortly after I moved into the space, my husband of 10 years, Gary, suddenly passed away at the age of 37. Since then my life has taken many new turns as you can imagine....but the Lord is good.

As crazy as it may sound, shortly after I lost Gary, the Lord lead me to fall in love again and remarry. Wayne and I have known each other for 30 years now, since we were 8 and 10 years old. His sister, Tina, and I have been best friends since the third grade. So, needless to say, I didn't wake up one day and say, 'Hey, I'm lonely so I think I'll go find myself a new husband.' and then grabbed the first cute guy on the street. This man is incredible and he loves me and my girls like you wouldn't believe (until you spent 5 minutes with us then there's no denying it). I know that this is what Gary wanted for me and my girls if anything were to happen to him, that is how much he loved me and trusted me. I know this because he actually told me so, not even knowing his life would be so short here on earth. This is how God works, he leads us to share, to comfort and to love....unconditionally.

So, the loss of my first husband, a second marriage, and did I mention a new baby!?!?!?! These are some of the most major reasons I have been less than dedicated to my space. But, like I said, I am ready to turn that around! I am blessed enough that unlike a lot of husbands (from what I hear), Wayne is very supportive of my passion. I've always loved old things, old houses, decorating and being creative. I just can't ignore my love for "junk" so having a space in an antique mall just seems like the perfect thing to do.

Although the economy is less than ideal, well yes, it's actually terrible, I'm hoping I can still make this work. To tell you the truth, if I can at least make my rent I'll be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Missy, I am loving your story and your spirit :) So glad I found you! Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete